Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Start Of The Road To Recovery?

Well, it's been two months since I last updated my blog, so I thought I should pop on and update it.

There have been a number of ups and downs in the last two months. I started feeling really ill, physically, with joint pains, muscle fatigue, exhaustion, loss of appetite, and uncontrollable sweating to name just a few problems. This was leading to me missing out on my son growing up, and causing me to take even more days off work.

However, I forgot to take my medication one night, and instantly felt a huge improvement in my condition. So, being the fool that I am, I took myself off my medication. The results were amazing. Admittedly I had withdrawal effects from coming off the meds in the way I did, but within two days all my other symptoms just disappeared.

I have now been allowed to up my hours from 20 hours a week to 30 hours a week as of the 1st October, and if this goes well, then I will be allowed up to 40 hours a week in 2 weeks time.

I am also hoping to start the run/walk training schedule again as of the 1st October as I am desperate to get back to running, and hope to make the Woodbridge 10k in May 2008 my first "Target" race. I also want to start running again as I am now 17 stone 4 pounds in weight, this is the heaviest I have ever been, so I really want to do something about this.

Also during this testing time, my seven month old son has been teething, and my nan who I am very close to, has been in hospital recently, and we were told she would not see her way through last Friday night. Thankfully she fought against that prognosis, but she is still very poorly and still in hospital.

And finally, I watched my brother in law play football the other week, and was then asked during the week following that game, if I would like to manage the team. This was a real surprise as they won the Braintree Sunday League Premier Division last year, but obviously I said yes. My first game was last week when we beat Bocking 6-1 at home. If you're interested, then feel free to visit www.clubwebsite.co.uk/panfieldpirates/

Right, hope to update this site again on Monday when I hope to put a report of my firat run in months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home