Friday, January 27, 2006

Transition Period (The Good And Bad)

Well I've not played football since before Christmas, and now due to the races I've entered over the next few months, there is no chance of me playing football again before the marathon. I've also taken a lot of advice on board from fellow Witham Running Club members with regards to my diet. This has meant no alcohol at all since the 14th January, porridge, dried fruit and nuts and honey for breakfast everyday, pasta or potato salads for lunch and nice healthy evening meals containing rice, pasta or potatoes plus plenty of veg every evening. The day time snacks have changed as well, no more crisps and chocolates or sausage rolls, it's now bananas, satsumas, apples, mixed nuts, etc.

After nearly two weeks I am already feeling a huge difference, I'm finding I am running easier, I feel lighter, and faster, and fresher. I no longer feel bloated and heavy. Also, in the space of a few weeks I've gone from 14st 7lbs to 13st 13lbs, hopefully this wil continue and I can get down to around 12st for the marathon.

But, now the bad bit, I feel incredibly tired, all week all I've wanted to do is sleep all day and all night, this can't be right. I've always been able to cope on 4 to 5 hours sleep a night, now I am sleeping 12 to 16 hours a day! And when I'm awake I still feel tired!

Well, I cancelled todays scheduled easy three mile run due to the tiredness as I really want to get the 10 mile run done tomorrow as that is my long run for the week.

Unfortunately I have not managed to fit in the gym sessions I want to do yet, but I really do hope that as of next Friday I can start doing atleast one weight session and two core stability sessions a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home